Thursday, November 22, 2007

How They Saw The New World

This is my first post and it's appropriate that I re-purpose an image from one of my early experimental videos, "How They Saw The New World" which predated the world wide web by a few years.

I produced it in 1991 as part of series of films and videos I was making that had a political edge. It had it's roots in the Found Footage film movement that had been popularized by films and video artists like Phil Patiris and Craig Baldwin of the Other Cinema in San Francisco, California.

Check out Canyon Cinema for more on the independent film scene "Canyon Cinema's unrivaled collection of more than 3500 films traces the history of the experimental and avant-garde filmmaking movement from the 1930s to the present." I have several films and videos in the Canyon Cinema collection. It's all work my pre-corporate video days. I can't think of any stupid cliche to say so that's it for now. Stay tuned in this space for my coverage from Streaming Media West 2007!

Happy Thanksgiving!
- Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment