Monday, April 14, 2008

The Production Process

I've been in the corporate video business for the last 18 years and have done my share of production work. I've had the opportunity to work with some of the most creative and talented people and always found that teamwork is the key to success.

The most important aspect of the production process is planning and managing the details. So many changes can take place in the course of a production, but if you have your process nailed down you'll have a template that can be applied to each of your projects. Sure, you have to make some tweaks and exceptions along the way but you need to have a good structure to start. I still learn something new with every production and I incorporate those key learnings into the next one.

Over the years, I've read numerous books, articles, blog posts and have collected them in various forms - but I've never had a good filing system for magazine articles, web sites and notes from direct experiences. I've written many of my own from equipment training guides, Powerpoint and camera tips, best practices for videoconferencing, just to name a few. There are so many millions of resources on the web and sometimes when you're not looking you strike gold.

That's the case with the articles I'm featuring here in this post. They appeared as a 3-part post on Reel SEO Video Marketing by a guest writer. I followed the link to the writer's web site Video One Productions and found they were written by Irwin Myers who is president of the Chicago-based video production company. He's written several other related articles that can be found at Video One Productions > Video Production Articles and Resources.

The articles are well written being both comprehensive and succinct and full of many pearls of wisdom. So without further ado, here are the articles with brief intros and links to the originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment