Monday, June 23, 2008

New Blog Feature: Minime Widget Makes it More Social

A few days ago the MeBeam blog posted code on their web site that they call Minime which makes it possible for you to embed a portable Mebeam widget on your blog that allows you to have a live 4-party video chat. I've installed it here on my blog below my bio and if you'd like to add it to your blog you can get the code here.

As the MeBeam blog says,
"Please keep in mind, this is a pre-alpha release and may not work all the time. MiniMe can handle 4 people in your room, but will generate an unlimited number of sub-rooms automatically."
This new feature may or may not stay on my blog and right now I'm testing it's functionality and usability. I personally stay away from main Mebeam website as it has too many weirdo guys showing off their private parts on camera. Please let me know if you see any lewd or lascivious behavior. I don't condone it and I'll remove the Minime widget immediately.

In the meantime though, if you happen to be visiting and have a webcam stop in and chat with me or others who might be online.

Update 2/19/09: Minime removed from blog sidebar due to its instability and installed directly in this post below.









1 comment:

  1. This blog is getting more comfortable and informative . Thank you for creating it.

    ReplyDelete