Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pop17: Behind the Scenes of Live Broadcast

Jim Kukral brought this video to my attention (via Twitter) by Pop17 producer and lifecaster Sarah Austin (formerly Meyers) that takes a peak behind the scenes of her live broadcast on Mogulus.

She says, "I have been getting a lot of emails recently asking me how I make my live show. I’m lucky to have the help of Mogulus and their studio. I also use an N95 phone which I broadcast on to Flixwagon when outside of the studio. Some of the equipment I use for the live show is not necessary, but adds an extra layer to the production quality compared to streaming right off your laptop (which I also do sometimes as well)"






As Sarah says, she uses professional audio gear, like Sennheiser lav mics, an audio mixer, a mini DV camera, fluorescent news lights, green screens with the Ultimatte DV for chroma keying, just to name a few.

Here's a nice write up on the Ultimatte DV with photos and description. You can also check out B&H Photo for great prices on audio and video gear (and no sales tax!) or Markertek for deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment