Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Year-End Review: Best of Klessblog

My blog, aptly titled Larry Kless's Weblog, turned a year old last month. I started it mainly to join the voices of the streaming media community from my own unique perspective, share ideas, conversations, tips and tricks with an emphasis on streaming media and online video publishing. It's become one of my many channels of communication along with Twitter, Friendfeed and the scores of other social networks.

2008 seemed to pick up the pace sometime around mid-year and has barely slowed down since.
I've had the pleasure of meeting many new friends this past year and I look forward to meeting many more in 2009. I also had the opportunity to speak with CEOs from various online video startups to learn about their businesses. Those who I want to personally thank are Sean Doherty of Channels.com the web-based video RSS aggregator, Stephen Chao of How-to video site WonderHowTo, Teresa Phillips of How-to video site Graspr who has recently partnered with Glam Media, Bismark Lepe of Ooyala, Philippe Schwartz of ooVoo and Paul Kontonis of For Your Imagination. While I haven't been able to publish all those conversations I hope to do so in the coming weeks.

Also special thanks to Dan Rayburn, EVP of Streamingmedia.com along with my other panelists from Streaming Media West including Christina Cece of Glam Media , Sanjay Desai of Brightcove, Amir Ashkenazi CEO of Adap.tv, Robb Miller of The Feedroom, Mark Rotblat of TubeMogul and Saidah Nash of Thomson Reuters.

There are so many others who I met along the way, who's blogs I read, videos I watch that I need to thank but the sun is going down on 2008 and I have to move on to 2009. Thank you to all my readers and friends and all the best to everyone in 2009!

Here's a handful of posts from my blog that I present as a "Best of 2008" stay tuned for more to come.