Saturday, October 16, 2010

My Updated Business Cards for Online Video Publishing [dot] com


It's been more than two years since I've updated my social media business cards, and I proudly present this new design. 

Why new business cards? Who cares? Who even uses business cards anymore?
Well, regardless of our ever-expanding online presence and connections, business cards still do come in handy. They are the ultimate lead generation tool, because you can put them into the hands of potential customers, partners, investors, or anyone you want to follow up with later. It's easier to network at conferences and events by just handing out your card. And with that, business cards can help promote your social media presence, by having your main social media channels listed on the card. 

So what's new? 
This new design is different in a few ways, a new picture, a new phone number and my Facebook page. My previous card had most of the same information, but instead of my own picture, I used an archival image of a television newscaster inside an old-school looking TV, from one of my early experimental videos, "How They Saw The New World," which I featured in my first blog post. At that time, a lot of people asked why I didn't put my own picture, but I had been using that image in the past for my experimental film identity, and I guess I just didn't have the right picture of myself. 

But now, having replaced my Facebook and Twitter accounts with this new picture, which has been my Blogger profile picture for some time, I decided to pull that through to the cards as a branding element. These cards carry also list my current mobile number, and my main social media channels where I spend most of my time.

I'll be handing these cards out at Streaming Media West 2010 and the Online Video Platform Summit on November 2-3, in L.A., and will be conducting interviews at the conference like I did at Streaming Media East 2010. So, please contact me if you'd like to schedule an online video conversation. Stay tuned to this space for videos and updates from the events.

Also, watch for these upcoming interviews, with: David Burch of Tubemogul,  Jayant Kadambi of YuMe, Steven Horn of Metacafe and Jeroen "JW" Wijering of LongTail Video.